According to dbsalliance, one in 15 adults suffers from depression every year, while one in six individuals experience depression at some time or another during their lives.
Likewise, the Anxiety and Depression Association of America states that anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the United States, affecting 40 million adults age 18 and older.
Regardless of how severe the symptoms are, anyone who is struggling or has struggled with depression or anxiety knows it can feel debilitating, frustrating, and scary.
Today, more people than ever are looking for natural and organic treatments to treat and/or heal depression and anxiety.
While some patients find success in taking prescription medicines for depression, others are discovering that CBD oil is effective in alleviating some of the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
The main reason why CBD oil is so effective for depression and anxiety is because it interacts with the endocannabinoid system, which is a group of cell receptors that helps regulate sleep, appetite, pain, pleasure, mood, and other functions.
How We Compiled This List:
In order to write this article, we comprised a lengthy list of the most popular CBD brands out on the market today.
Next, we researched each brand individually by examining customer reviews, how companies sourced the products, third-party lab reports, and other factors.
Based on the results of our research, we eliminated brands from our list until we were left with a select few that met our very strict criteria.
Finally, we further investigated these companies until we came upon the top three CBD brands for anxiety and depression.
What We Looked For:
In whittling down our extensive list of CBD brands, we closely looked at each company’s products for:
- Symptom relief. Most importantly, we wanted to see exactly how effective each brand was at treating anxiety and depression.
- How the hemp was sourced.
- The company’s processing facilities and whether or not FDA guidelines were met.
- Whether the company uses broad-spectrum, full-spectrum, or isolate extracts.
- The level of THC that is left in the products once they are put out on the market.
- Whether or not the company lab tested its products and made the test results easily accessible to customers.
- The usage and dosage instructions the company gave to its customers.
- The company’s reputation and overall customer reviews.
- Whether or not the company offered solid information about CBD, what CBD is, how CBD works with the body, etc.
In examining these criteria, we were able to narrow our list down considerably.
Top 3 CBD Oils for Anxiety & Depression
FAB CBD was first founded in 2017, and has always had a strong mission to create a trustworthy, high-quality line of CBD products for any and everybody.
FAB founder, Josh Delaney, has many years of experience working in the health, nutrition, and fitness sectors.Each and every one of FAB’s products are designed following the highest of standards.
All of FAB’s products are crafted from the finest organic hemp sourced from Colorado, which is then converted into premium extract using CO2 extraction processes that are completely free of solvents.
What results is an extremely clean extract that is rich in terpenes and essential cannabinoids that give hemp its sought-after health benefits.
FAB sets itself apart from other companies as the best CBD for anxiety and depression in numerous ways:
- Versatile: FAB gives its customers a number of options in its products when it comes to treating anxiety and depression by offering different oil strengths, a topical cream, CBD vapes, and CBD gummies. The vapes, for example, are great options for treating anxiety and depression. FAB’s Calm vape delivers sweet floral aromas punctuated with notes of lavender and rose that quell feelings of anxiety. Linalool and Nerol Terpenes help to further relax and ease tension. Conversely, FAB’s Active vape lifts the mood through vibrant citrus notes. Limonene (the main terpene in the Active vape), and mint further work to ease symptoms of depression.
- Organic, Full-Spectrum Hemp: FAB sources its hemp from organic, Colorado-grown hemp in order to make the extract used in all of its products. All FAB hemp is cultivated using state-of-the-art growing, extraction, and cloning equipment/practices in order to guarantee the best raw materials and the highest-quality final products.
- Third-Party Lab Testing: Every one of FAB’s products are third-party tested by ProVerde Laboratories. FAB also makes all of its lab reports readily available to its customers on its website.
- Money-Back Guarantee: FAB gives each customer a 30-day money-back guarantee on all of its products, which makes the company the best option for anyone trying CBD for the first time.
- FAB’s oils come in an array of delicious flavors and in strengths of 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and a recently-added 2400mg strength.
- Top-rated CBD gummies.
- Excellent customer service.
- Fast shipping.
- Vegan superfood options.
- Free shipping on all orders over $89.
- FAB does not ship to the UK or Canada.
- No autoship or subscription options are available to regular customers.
2. Joy Organics
Joy Organics was founded by grandmother, mother, and humanitarian Joy Smith, who also used CBD to treat her sleep issues and other health-related problems.
The company sells oils, soft-gel caps, gummies, pet products, face masks, topical salves, and hemp-infused energy drinks.
Joy Organics makes broad-spectrum CBD oil tinctures that are THC-Free. Their gluten-free oils are sourced from regulated hemp farms that do not use chemicals.
The company creates high-quality products and offers CBD oils in four potencies and flavors including 250mg, 500mg, 1000mg, and 1500mg.
Lab reports are performed by both in-house chemists and a third-party laboratory. All results are published on Joy Organic’s website.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: The company’s products are all THC-free and broad-spectrum. Joy Organics removes all of the THC, wax, chlorophyll, and plant pigments from its products by separating and purifying the extracts.
- CBD-Rich Strains: Joy Organics uses hemp sourced from CBD-rich hemp strains grown in the United States.
- Variety: CBD tincture flavors derived from natural terpenes and essential oils.
- All of Joy Organics’ products are third-party lab tested.
- The company has a good product selection.
- Joy Organic’s products are great for people who want to try THC-free hemp products.
- The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and free shipping.
- The company does not manufacture the products, and instead has them crafted by Folium Biosciences.
- No shipping offered to the UK.
- Broad-spectrum extracts.
- Tinctures only go up to 1500mg strength.
3. NuLeaf Naturals
NuLeaf Naturals produces reliable CBD oils. The company’s products contain all-natural, organic, lab-tested CBD oils and extracts.
The company’s CBD oil blends contain cannabinoids, terpenes, essential oils, and plant nutrients that are extracted using CO2 extraction methods.
- Clean Products: NuLeaf Naturals’ extracts are sourced from organic hemp that was grown by using sustainable farming methods. All products contain zero additives or preservatives.
- Lab Testing: The company uses ProVerde Laboratories to third-party lab test all of its products. Test results are made available on the company’s website.
- NuLeaf Naturals’ oils come in potencies of 240mg, 725mg, 1450mg, 2425mg, and 4850mg in 5ml, 15ml, 30ml, 50ml, and 200ml sized bottles.
- The company ships abroad to over 40 countries.
- All products do not contain any additives.
- There is no money-back guarantee offered to customers.
- There are no flavor options available aside from its natural flavor.
- NuLeaf Naturals’ products tend to be on the more expensive side.
What to Consider Before Buying CBD Oil for Anxiety & Depression
Even though there is a wide variety of CBD brands on the market today, not all of these brands are created equal.
When using CBD oil for anxiety and depression, it’s best to know:
- Where the company sources its hemp. Cannabis that is grown in Asia and Europe doesn’t have to pass the same standards as hemp that is cultivated in the United States.
- How much THC is in a product. By law, all products sold in the United States must contain less than 0.3 percent THC.
- Whether the product is full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or a CBD isolate. Products that are full-spectrum are considered to be the best because they contain the most beneficial terpenes, cannabinoids, and other hemp components. Because of this, full-spectrum CBD products are more effective due to their entourage effect on the body.
- Other ingredients that a company uses in its products. CBD tinctures, edibles, and cosmedics sometimes contain preservatives and flavoring agents. Always purchase products that are crafted from all-natural, organic ingredients.
- Third-party lab test results. Regardless of what brand of CBD you buy, always double check to see that all third-party lab test results are easily accessible and available to you.
What is the Best CBD Dosage for Anxiety?
Just like with any supplement or medicine, proper dosing of CBD is extremely important.
In figuring out what the best dosage of CBD for your body is, it’s best to remember that everyone is different. Therefore, a dosage that works for one person may not work the same for another.
Mid-range doses of CBD tend to work better than lower or higher doses of CBD.
For those just beginning to take CBD, it’s best to begin by taking a daily 5mg dose.
Take the 5mg dose for about one week before gradually stepping up the dosage if you feel you need to.
If you do need to increase your dose, remember to keep using the same dose for about one week before increasing to a new dose as the body needs time to adjust to the change.
You should never worry that you are taking too much CBD, as it is not possible to overdose on it. A good rule of thumb is to start with a ½ dropper of 300mg tincture once per day.
Next, reassess after one week to see how you feel, then, if need be, increase the dose to a ½ dropper twice a day.
As an alternative to CBD oil, you can also try CBD gummies.
Is CBD Legal to Buy Online?
As long as the CBD is sourced from hemp and contains less than 0.3 percent THC, it’s legal to purchase across the United States.
Cannabis that contains more than 0.3 percent THC is considered illegal under United States Federal law.
Purchasing products with high levels of THC is only legal to do in states that have legalized cannabis.
Using CBD to Tackle Anxiety and Depression
CBD has many wonderful health benefits, and regularly taking CBD can alleviate the difficult symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Some benefits of taking CBD are as follows:
- CBD helps the body regulate the stress response.
- CBD activates the hydroxy tryptamine serotonin receptor, which in turn creates an anti-anxiety effect.
- Studies show that CBD is effective in treating brain and emotional disorders such as anxiety, depression, psychosis, and multiple sclerosis among other conditions.
- Researchers are still investigating CBD’s positive effect on post-traumatic stress disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic attacks, depression, and anxiety.
CBD improves the symptoms of depression and anxiety by reducing stress levels, elevating moods, and bettering an individual’s overall ability to handle stress.
Even though CBD is not likely to cure depression or anxiety, it will greatly improve conditions and symptoms. In using CBD to manage anxiety and depression, you are creating a better quality of life for yourself.
If you suffer from anxiety or depression, then CBD will be able to offer you fast, effective relief without all of the negative side effects associated with many prescription depression and anxiety medications that can take weeks or even months to take effect.
Unlike prescription anxiety and depression medications, CBD is completely safe, natural, and non-toxic.
Whether you suffer from anxiety or depression, consider trying some of the products talked about in this article. All of FAB CBD’s products provide safe, reliable, relief for everyone struggling with anxiety or depression.