Pretoria – The Department of Labour says a decision to release funds to millions of workers for the month of July as part of the Covid-19 Ters benefit payout will be announced when Minister Thulas Nxesi issues a directive on it.
This was revealed by Labour department spokesperson Makhosonke Buthelezi after numerous inquiries about the delayed payments.
“The opening of the system for July and August is subject to the publishing of the ministerial directive… Once these have been published, an announcement will be made as to when will the UIF start processing claims for July and August 2020,” Buthelezi said.
The relief fund was extended to August 15.
Buthelezi maintained he was aware that the e-system had been tested and was ready for processing claims.